Kaie Puur is the founder and partner of Patent Agency RestMark Metida. She is a nationally attested patent attorney in the field of trademarks and designs since 2000, in the field of inventions since 2013 and an European trademark and design attorney since 2004. Kaie Puur joined the Association of the Estonian Patent Attorneys in 2000 and became a member of the board in August 2016.
Kaie Puur has a longstanding experience in the field of intellectual property protection on a national and international level. She has successfully defended the interests of her clients in numerous trademark disputes and intellectual property related negotiations.
Kaie Puur is an active member of INTA (International Trademark Association) and PTMG (Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group). She is also the author of several intellectual property related articles in Estonia and worldwide. Kaie Puur has participated in and lectured at intellectual property themed seminars and conferences.
Work experience in the field of intellectual property protection:
1994–2008 Patent Agency Käosaar & Co, head of the industrial property division, patent attorney
2008–2009 Antsmäe & Partners Law Office, patent attorney and lawyer
Since 2009 Patent Agency RestMark (currently Patent Agency RestMark Metida), partner, patent attorney
1991 University of Tartu, English philology
2000 University of Tartu, Law
- training on trademark law „US Trademark Law and Practice“ in 1995, USA;
- numerous intellectual property protection related seminars and conferences in Estonia and abroad.
- Reaping the rewards of success, World focus – Eastern Europe, Informa, May 2006, p 20–22;
- Co-author of the World Trademark Law Report online publication (www.worldtrademarkreport.com), 2002–2006;
- Co-author of the INTA periodical publication The Trademark Reporter: International Annual Review, since 2002;
- Long priority for design applications, Managing intellectual property, 1998, nr. 10;
- Chansen kvar I ett par manader. "Patent Eye", 7/1998, p.21. (in Swedish).