Maria Silvia Martinson joined Patent Agency RestMark Metida in 2015 after interning in several renowned law offices. She specialises in European Union and Estonian intellectual property law with a primary focus on trade marks. Maria Silvia has experience in assisting local and international clients with developing their intellectual property protection strategy and finding optimal, cost-effective solutions for successful enforcement.
Maria Silvia actively participates in various seminars and conferences. She has authored many articles on intellectual property topics and lectured at seminars on the same, including seminars hosted by the Estonian Patent Office and the Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences.
Intellectual property related work experience:
Since 2015 Patent Agency RestMark Metida, lawyer
- 2019 Uppsala University, LLM in Intellectual Property Law (cum laude approbatur)
- 2015 University of Tartu, Law
– numerous intellectual property protection related seminars and conferences in Estonia and abroad, including those organised by AIPPI, INTA and WIPO
– How to protect your brand?, Estonian business newspaper Äripäev, 2015 (in Estonian)
– How to get rid of a cybersquatter?, Estonian business newspaper Äripäev, 2016 (in Estonian)
– 4 Common IP Mistakes Startups Need to Avoid, METIDA blog, 2016
– The Open Source Movement – Our Future?, METIDA blog, 2016