Maria Silvia Martinson joined Patent Agency RestMark in 2015 as a lawyer. As of autumn 2019, she is a nationally attested patent attorney in the field of trademarks and designs and also a member of the Chamber of Estonian Patent Attorneys. She specialises in European Union and Estonian intellectual property law and has considerable experience in consulting and representing both local and international clients.
Maria Silvia actively participates in various seminars and conferences. She has authored many articles on intellectual property topics and lectured at seminars on the same, including seminars hosted by the Estonian Patent Office and the Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences.
As of 2019 she is a member of AIPPI Estonia and a member of the Industrial Property Board of Appeal.
Intellectual property related work experience:
Since 2015 Patent Agency RestMark Metida, lawyer
Since 2019 Patent Agency RestMark Metida, Estonian patent attorney (trademarks and designs), European Union trademark and design attorney
- 2019 Uppsala University, LLM in Intellectual Property Law (cum laude approbatur)
- 2015 University of Tartu, Law
– numerous intellectual property protection related seminars and conferences in Estonia and abroad, including those organised by AIPPI, INTA and WIPO
– How to protect your brand?, Estonian business newspaper Äripäev, 2015 (in Estonian)
– How to get rid of a cybersquatter?, Estonian business newspaper Äripäev, 2016 (in Estonian)
– 4 Common IP Mistakes Startups Need to Avoid, METIDA blog, 2016
– The Open Source Movement – Our Future?, METIDA blog, 2016