A trademark is a sign used to distinguish the goods and services of one person from identical or similar kind of goods or services of other persons. The scope of trademark rights depends on the goods and services the trademark is registered for. Trademark registrations need to be renewed in every 10 years. Trademark protection is territorial and there are several options to obtain legal protection internationally: protection via national offices, the European Union trademark system and the Madrid system.
In the field of trademarks, we:
- assess the registrability of trademarks and conduct trademark searches in Estonia and the European Union;
- consult and prepare documents concerning trademark registrations in Estonia, the European Union and other countries using the Madrid system;
- prepare and register licensing, pledge and transfer agreements;
- monitor validity terms of trademark registrations and prepare renewal documents;
- enforce trademark rights in courts and other institutions.